Photo Diary + Vlog: A day in The Venetian

by - Tuesday, August 08, 2017

It has been kind of a tradition for our family to go on a vacation every summer break and this year's destination is Macau, China. When going abroad, we usually go for tour packages since it is much convenient. However, this trip is an exception because we took advantage of Cebu Pacific's ticket sales. It's actually a first for us to go backpacking on a trip, so I guess that's something.

I actually have hundreds of pictures from the trip and I think that compressing them in one post would be too much. So I'm going to turn this into like a series and below, attached is a little vlog that I did and the photo diary




Our flight was on June 2 and we arrived in Macau at 1am. We actually stayed in a hotel near Largo Do Senado or Senado Square since we're just backpacking and it's accessible to popular tourist spots. So when the sun came up, we went outside around 8 since most of the people weren't up yet so it isn't so crowded. Senado Square is a great place to chill since it has wifi (courtesy of different establishments) 

Largo Do Senado - Senado Square
Outfit of the Day;
Top: Random Onlineshop
Skirt: Forever 21
Jacket: Forever 21
Bag: Kate Spade
Scarf: Forever 21
Largo Do Senado - Senado Square
Wynn Hotel Dancing Fountain
The Venetian - The Grand Canal Shoppes
We were able to reach the other side of Macau (it's separated by a bridge) by riding Wynn Hotel's shuttle going to Wynn Palace. From there you are going to ride another shuttle that will do a round trip on specific neighboring hotels (Galaxy, Sands, City of Dreams, Venetian, etc.)  All of these for free


I think it's kind of obvious that I had fun taking pictures. I rarely go into manual mode when traveling because I find it a bit too hassle since you have to do adjustments. I'll have to admit that it is my first time to actually enjoy shooting in manual and I think that the extra time since the result are really gorgeous. It literally looks like La vie en rosé or Life in pink and I am guessing that it's quite obvious that this place speaks to me because of its color scheme. Besides shooting in manual, I'm trying to experiment editing in Lightroom and I find it a bit too overwhelming at first but it's actually really nice and doesn't distort the quality of the pictures.

I think out of our 4 day trip, Day 1 has got to be the day where in I took the most pictures just because of the Venetian. After our little stroll in the Venetian, We took the shuttle back to Wynn Palace and then Wynn Hotel. Then we took a walk back to Senado Square then our Hotel. That basically sums up our Day 1 in this backpacking trip. 

Updates for the next part of this trip will be posted soon. I just hope that I get to edit them fast enough.

You May Also Like

0 comments