Gowns made practical with Gown For Rent

by - Wednesday, August 02, 2017



There comes a time in every girl or woman's life where in she will need a beautiful gown for an occasion. May it be for a school dance, a ball, a debut, a friend's wedding, or even a girl's own wedding ceremony. Gowns can cost up to Php 2,000 for a simple long gown to a Php 150,000 or more for a wedding gown.


With every object's price going up, may it be food, clothing, tuition fee, etc, we need to be practical. The good side of having a gown tailor made is that it is perfectly made for you, every specification will be in accordance to your liking, like the fitting, the cut, the length, etc. However, as mentioned earlier, it may come with a hefty price tag. Another good side is that you can wear it again whenever you please or even give it to your future daughter or grand daughter. Although it is kind of practical to do so, some occasions just wont cut recycling a gown or dress. It gets boring and maybe slightly embarrassing to be seen in the exact gown or dress by the same people but only in a different event. And that is where renting comes in handy...

With renting, you are only paying a fraction of the price for something equally elegant and beautiful like a gown costing your arm and leg. There is fact with renting frowned upon that it is a waste of money since why spend money for something temporary when you can make it permanent. But the bright side of renting a gown is that you are not forced to recycle something just because you are guilty because of the price you paid.

I was actually contacted by Gown For Rent (@gownforent on Instagram) to take part in a photoshoot with their gowns. Too bad I was not able to film a vlog but pictures, taken by them, will be inserted below.


Gown #1 was a new addition to their collection, it's a blush simple long gown with sequined torso. I find it to be really elegant and perfect for those formal parties without being too overdressed. I think this would be perfect for a guest on a beach wedding plus it's my favorite color


This one is another new gown. It is a little on the conservative side since it has sleeves but I find that it gives off a really pure aura. I think one is great for weddings but also for debuts


Now the last gown, This one is not really my style but I still find it cute. I think it is perfect for debuts since it's so colorful and sweet. Somehow it reminds me of Katy Perry because it is rather bold

Those were 3 of the gowns that they let me tried on. It was a pleasure meeting their staff and they were really friendly and accommodating. They even gave me a loot bag with vouchers, thank you cards, a bracelet with their logo, and a pair of gorgeous earrings. I am actually proud to announce that I am now one of their ambassadress and you can actually get 20% off if you use my code GFRCAM729

You May Also Like

0 comments