Oval paddle brush set, a dupe for Artis?

by - Thursday, July 21, 2016

Unless you've been living under a rock, you probably know the brand Artis that innovated those crazy looking brushes that look like toothbrushes. They've been circulating the net for quite a while and a lot of manufacturers and brands took in to the plunge too.

If you have been following me on my instagram and snapchat (if not then do follow me @camillegrce) then you probably saw a post about an oval brush set. So if your from the Philippines then you probably know what Divisoria or divi is. Luckily I got it at a miraculous price of Php 700. Yes damn right you read that right for some online stores sets like these are sold for at least Php 1500. Do take note that I am perfectly happy with my initial brush set from Beauty Cosmetics and just bought this set on a whim and out of curiosity.



So the set all in all has 10 pieces of brushes, 7 round and 3 linear. I know that they come in other colors as well like rose gold and gold. I was originally after the rose gold one but I wasn't able to see them at Divisoria. I believe that they are synthetic so plus points for our animal lovers here. One weird thing that I should point out, is in my set brushes 4 and 5 are the same sizes. 5 is supposed to be smaller, but I guess that's okay since I got for a really competitive price.\


So do take note that they don't have any labels or anything for us to identify where can we use them but I guess it's pretty easy to figure out where can we use this and that.

Brush 1: Foundation, Powder, Bronzer
Brush 2: Foundation, Blush, Powder, Bronzer
Brush 3: Concealer, Blush, Bronzer
Brush 4: Concealer, Highlight, Contour
-I have no brush 5 since mine was identical to 4
Brush 6: Highlight, Contour, Eyeshadow
Brush 7: Eyeshadow, Eyebrow, Eyeliner
Brush 8: Eyeshadow, Eyebrow, Eyeliner
Brush 9: Eyeshadow, Concealer, Lipcolor


I suggest don't limit the use of your brushes with what's on the list, experiment and use what you're comfortable with. most of us are probably asking the same question right now, "Are they dupes for Artis brushes?". Well I can't personally answer that since I have tried the original Artis brushes, but I'm guessing these are quite different since the neck on their handle are kinda flexible but not one the verge wherein they feel like they're gonna break. So i'm guessing Artis might be different with the rigidity of the handles. But let me point out that these are ultra dense and really have a soft and firm feel when using them.

For the final verdict, yes they are so worth it since applying makeup has never been this easy and fast. If ever you happen to stumble upon them then do not hesitate to get them immediately. It's either you get them at online shops, websites like amazon and ebay, follow my path and go to Divisoria to get them dirt cheap.

So do you have them? How was your experience with them? comment down below and let me know

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi! Good review! I'm thinking of buying one now! Where exactly at divi did you buy them? I dont wanna miss my chance on a good price! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jorge, I got them at 168 but I'm not sure where to be exact. There are lots of stalls that sells makeup and most of them have the brushes so you'll be able to find them for sure.

      Delete